I have only been on this Earth for 37 years, 35 months, and 16 days but I have learned quite a bit in that time. Not only my ABCs and numbers but also more important, deep lessons as well. It doesnt matter who you are, where your from, and what’s happened in your life, these are basic ideas that everyone should live by.
1. Always treat others as you would like to be treated. (everyone knows this one but a lot of people don’t follow it)
2. Never give up. (life is very hard and full of problems but to give up is to give in…)
3. Fight for what you believe in. (if it matters to you, deep in your heart, then fighting for it is always worth it)
4. Stand up for yourself. (there are a lot of people in this world that will take advantage of you if you let them. Don’t)
5. Live as if there is no tomorrow. (no one knows how much time we have so make the most of everyday. Carpe Diem-Seize the Day!)
6. Show the ones that you love that you love them everyday. (telling them is great but actions speak louder than words)
7. Give each effort your all. (no matter what task lays before you, do it to the best of your ability each and every time and take pride in your efforts)
8. Respect those around you. (we are all human beings and we all have hearts and emotions-don’t trample on either of them)
9. Lead by example. (whether or not you have children, you should always teach by your actions)
10. Accept responsibility for your mistakes. (no one is perfect. We all have flaws and we screw up. But recognize the mistakes you made, own them, and them learn from them.
11. Accept who you are and love it. (we can’t all be super models and actors but each of us has a special talent whether it be teaching, drawing, or even being a wonderful friend to someone. Embrace the things that make you you)
12. Have a little fun. (unfortunately most of us have to work and we have to work hard to make a living. But don’t forget to have fun. Because without it, life will be even harder than it is already and who wants that?)
I think if we all follow these simple ideas and apply them, then our lives, and the lives of those around us, will be that much fuller.