Are you looking for a simple, delicious, and different dinner idea?
Search no more. My family ADORES this dish. It combines a lot of their favorite foods and it is so incredibly easy to make.
And it doesn’t only have to be for dinner. It makes the perfect breakfast casserole too.
Sausage Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
Prep time: 10 MINS
Total time: 45 mins
2 lb hot breakfast sausage (my family prefers mild)
- 2 (8-oz) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (30-32oz) bag frozen shredded hash browns
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink. Drain fat.
- Stir together cooked sausage and cream cheese. Set aside.
- Add hash browns to skillet and cook until lightly brown. Place hash browns in bottom of lightly greased 9×13-inch pan. Top with sausage/cream cheese mixture and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Whisk together eggs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and milk. Pour over hash brown mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.