A friend of mine told me about these and so naturally I had to try them.
These are so amazing it is hard to stop eating them.
Don’t believe me? Try them for yourself and you’ll see what I mean.😀
- 14.3 oz package of Oreos
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 12 oz dipping chocolate or candy coating (milk chocolate or vanilla)
- Additional 2 oz dipping chocolate for drizzling or sprinkle
- Pulse oreos in a food processor until they are fine crumbs. (No food processor? No problem. Use your hands to crush cookies into tiny bits). Add crumbs to large mixing bowl.
- Slice up cream cheese and drop slices into the mixing bowl. Use the back of a large spoon to smash the cream cheese into the crumbs, stirring and mushing until it has become a thick paste.
- Pinch off walnut-sized clumps of the filling and roll into balls. Place on a plate that will fit in your freezer. Roll all of dough and place balls in the freezer for 30-45 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place dipping chocolate in a small deep bowl. Microwave at 50% power for 1 minute, then stir. Continue microwaving at 50% power for 30 second intervals, stirring after each until chocolate is smooth.
- Remove oreo truffles from freezer and drop one-by-one into the dipping chocolate.
- Use a fork to scoop out the truffle, tapping the bottom of the fork on the edge of the bowl to remove excess chocolate. Tip the truffle onto the parchment paper. Allow chocolate to set.
- If desired, melt additional dipping chocolate using the same microwave method. Stir with a fork and drizzle over the truffles. Allow chocolate to set and store truffles in refrigerator.